Happy Wednesday everyone!
I’m off to camp!! I’ll be camping in the Redwoods for the next 5 days. This is my first time going to summer camp and I am SO excited. As a kid I went away for academic related trips but I’ve never went to summer camp. At the age of 26, I finally get to experience summer camp!! LOL Can’t wait
As you all may know, I started working for a women’s media company a little over a month ago. The Compact Feminist Campfire was put together by the hardworking group of women I am fortunate to work with everyday. I have had the honor to help set up this trip and I will be one of the camp’s staff members. Everyone at my job has been tirelessly working to make this weekend magical. We are expecting 100 women of all ages and backgrounds. There will be speakers, workshops, outdoor activities, movies, yoga, pool parties, dance parties, s’mores, hiking, and more!
This week’s blog post will be short and sweet because I have sleep to catch up on and packing to do. Of course I waited to the last minute lol Oh well I’ve been busy.
In honor of my first camping trip I put together a packing list. Maybe some of you out there have plans of camping soon too or maybe this list will inspire someone to plan a camping trip in the future.
Talisha’s Camp Packing List
- First and foremost to prepare for this weekend away, I had to figure out a cute and convenient hairstyle. I refuse to have to wash and maintain my natural hair while in the wilderness. So I searched Pinterest for the perfect low maintenance protective style. A while back I created a Pinterest board entitled ‘Hairstyle Inspo‘ to help me brainstorm new hair styles.
*sidebar* yes I love Pinterest! I’d love to connect with any of my readers who use Pinterest as well. My username is @tlowepr
Anyways… I decided on this hairstyle:
In my previous blog post Embracing the Coil ➿, I wrote about my natural hair journey. I’ve been braiding my own hair for a few years now. I’m getting alot better but I still can’t french braid my own hair, especially not feed-ins. With that being said, I customized this hairstyle to fit my personal style and my skill level. & I love it!
- My ‘The Future is Black’ T-Shirt from Unboxing: The BLACKlist
- The Supreme Sweatshirt from Aaron (he sprayed his cologne on it haha I know we’re hella annoying right?)
- Lightweight Jacket
- Pants, Jeans, Shorts …duh
- Cozy Pajamas aka big t-shirt and cute leggings
- Hiking Shoes/ Sneakers
- Swimsuits (a girl need options)
- Body/ Face/ Beach towel
- Water bottle
- Comfortable clothes for dance/ yoga/ meditation
- Party dress for the dance party
- Book or Journal
- Slippers or Slides
- Fanny Pack
- Allergy Medicine
Hopefully I don’t forget anything. Wish me luck in the woods for 5 whole days. Lol
I’m excited to unplug and connect with the other women, nature, and most importantly myself! This camping trip is going to include all kind of self care workshops, exercises, and tips. I am most excited to experience the cleanse of getting away from the big city and slowing down in the woods. In addition to all the outdoor activities there will be keynote speakers and we will be journaling and vision boarding. There will also be photographers on site everyday so although i will not get cellphone service or wifi everything will be well documented! This is the first year of our women’s camp and if all goes well we plan on having it every year.
Here’s the link to read more about the Compact Camp!
I hope everyone have a good rest of the week. I can’t wait to tell you guys all about about camp!
Thanks for reading & we’ll talk more next week!